I absolutely love Easter and as you know I absolutely love doing Crafts with my little man. So here are 10 of our favourite things to make before the Easter Bunny arrives!
Most of these crafts use similar supplies so you don’t have to buy a ton of stuff. Chances are you have most of this stuff just hanging about in your craft box ( aka that massive cardboard box on top of the fridge full of rainy day supplies)
Easy Easter Bunny Paper Plate
This is a fun sensory activity but it does involve scissors and craft glue so you will need to help your little one out.
You need :
- Paper plate
- Cotton balls
- Googly eyes
- Brown pipe cleaners
- Pink pom pom
- White and pink construction paper
- Craft glue
You can read the full instructions here at ABC Creative
Easter Carrot Cones
From my favourite Lisa Tilse at We are Scout, these little Carrot cones can be filled with anything you like.. or cute snacks you made
You will need
- The cute carrot cone free printable.
- Mid weight paper to print the carrot onto.
- Double sided tape
- Tissue paper – I used 2 different shades of green.
- Ribbon, ric rac or mini pom pom trim.
You can read the full how to at We Are Scout
Carrot Foot Print
I love a good foot print and to watch them “grow” from year to year … ahhh where did my baby go! So we love doing crafts with Ariean at OneKriegerChick.com who is also a fan.
You Will need
- Orange Finger Paint (for the carrot)
- White Paper ( to Print on)
- Green Paper ( for sprouty leaves)
- Tape ( to attach leaves to carrot feet)
- A bunch of towels and some set wet cloths so you don’t end up with orange foot prints through your entire house….live and learn people…live and learn
Then paint your foot print, cut it out and attach your sprouty leaves to the top. Ta Dah!
If you are really into foot prints you can swop out the spiky ears in the Bunny Plate for little pink footprint ears… again… DON’T FORGET THE TOWELS ( pink feet are a bit cuter than orange on your hardwood floors…)
Obviously you have to be super organized and get round to do these well before easter so you can actually send them to people. So I like to have lots of people at the house so we can just hand them out.
We do a couple of these depending on what craft materials we have left over in the box. The basic template is the same, it’s just what you end up gluing on to the egg that changes.
You will need
- Egg Template
- 2 pieces of white card ( both printed with above template)
- Craft Glue
- Coloured paper Strips / Coloured Pipe Cleaners
Full instructions at Minted’s Easter Egg – as I said you can swop out the coloured paper for pipe cleaners and its nice and furry
We love to decorate Eggs and this great Egg Family from Mr Printables takes it to the next level of cuteness.
You will need
- Eggs (preferably boiled or blown so you don’t have to worry about smashes)
- Card ( to print the templates too)
- Outfit Template
- Tape or Craft Glue to stick the outfits together.
Then you just let you imagination run wild with the face you paint on your egg. You can also decorate your outfits as you want by turning the card inside out 🙂